comprofibus

mehkocak

I have a problem with comprofibus v 3.3.I need to change the hardware configuration of a system connected to IM308C interface card but when I try to export or download the configuration to or from the external prommer the program always give the same warning "you need to install the prommer drive" but with the comprofibus v 5.1 I can import the configuration even it is not the same because it gives some warnings it does not identify some components.
Please give me some information about the problem .

Thanks

because version 5.1 does not support some of the members that is , it does not work so I need the coonfiguration with v 3.3.
thanks

mehkocak said:
because version 5.1 does not support some of the members that is , it does not work so I need the coonfiguration with v 3.3.
thanks

I beg to differ on that. Com Profibus v5.1 supports all that v3.3 does and more. What modules are you having problems with in v5.1?

It might be the case that you need to copy the GSD files from v3.3 to v5.1 folder then read them in.

If you are having a problem with the GSD file for the IM308C in v5.1 then search for a GSD file named SI801CAX.2MH, copy that and change the name to SI801CAD.2MH, then read that into your library and try again.

Paul

hi again it says GSD FILE MISSING OR ERROR CREATING STATION SI8002UX.200 AND SI8022AE.200 WHILE IMPORTING THE CONFIGURATION.

mehkocak

I do not recognise the SI8022AE.200 file, what is this for? Is it for a Simovert masterdrive with CB1 card? I have a GSD named SI8022AX.200.

Have you carried out a search of your hard drive for these files?

Did you copy all the GSD files from your com profibus v3.3 folder to the correct folder in v5.1, then read them in?

If you cannot find these files on your hard drive, let me know and I will see what I can do.

Paul

aye said:
hi, can yu\ou help me in configuring newly installed plcsoftware

Possibly, if we knew what software you have just installed.

Paul

Paul,
You are good... I have seen your answers for others....lets see how good you realy are...you need to figure out the software as well

geniusintraining said:
Paul,
You are good... SNIP....lets see how good you realy are...you need to figure out the software as well

I am only good at what I know....

And I don't know what software he has installed, without looking at his other posts in other threads, all asking practically the same question! :rolleyes:

Paul

You obviously are new to the world of Siemens communication. Com Profibus v5.1 is actually of very limited use. The old dos configuration for the old Siemens L1 protocol was COMET200. This program created configuration files with an ET.200 extension. The Com Profibus V3.3 could use the same ET.200 configurations and convert them to a *.et2 file. It would also recognize some of the old L1 components that are not profibus compatible. V5.1 cannot recognize the ET.200 files, so users cannot load the original configurations (including documentation). This is cumbersome to say the least. V5.1 came out at about the same time as S7 came out, so it's usefulness is very limited in that it can be used for only the latest S5 components, and configuring S5 to talk to S7. It would have been nice if Siemens would have made the conversion capability available in v5.1.

gboston said:
You obviously are new to the world of Siemens communication. Com Profibus v5.1 is actually of very limited use. The old dos configuration for the old Siemens L1 protocol was COMET200. This program created configuration files with an ET.200 extension. The Com Profibus V3.3 could use the same ET.200 configurations and convert them to a *.et2 file. It would also recognize some of the old L1 components that are not profibus compatible. V5.1 cannot recognize the ET.200 files, so users cannot load the original configurations (including documentation). This is cumbersome to say the least. V5.1 came out at about the same time as S7 came out, so it's usefulness is very limited in that it can be used for only the latest S5 components, and configuring S5 to talk to S7. It would have been nice if Siemens would have made the conversion capability available in v5.1.

Well never mind then, 18 months later and perhaps he's very experienced now.

(y)

Time for a beer now 🍻

:ROFLMAO:

Thank you GBoston

Dear Glen Boston,

Thank you very much for your help. i am new to this comprofibus thing. i copied this file into gds dirctory, then i click on scan gsd. under station types/gsd files i could see that this si8002ux.200. but when i open my file (pt676.et2) it says this file was created by an earlier com profibus format. i click on continue. then i got this message: conversion cancelled because a gsd/type file was missing! name of gsd/type file: SI8002UX.200.

i am using PG740 pentium 100 with windows 95.

i have attach my file, if it was not so troubling could you please convert it to com profibus v5.1? or could you please tell me how to do so. thank you again.

P.S. : just rename pt676.txt to pt676.et2.