Local or global?

martin3885

Hi,
if we consider a speed of program executing, does it matter if I use global(M, MW, MD) or local(ie. Static variables in FB) variables?

To see the effect in your CPU, write some simple code using the different variable types and then call the block a few thousand times and look at the difference in the scan time as you switch between the different variables accesses. In my 317 temporary local data is fastest, markers a close second whilst static data extends the scan time by around 20%

Similar Topics

Basically I have created a bunch of local tags, is it possible to convert all of these to a global tag? Or would I need to re-add everything all...
Replies
Views
I have an application which had some duplicated links between the Local messages and the Global objects - the person who created it did a cut and...
Replies
Views
When or why do you define a Data file scope to be global or local in RSLogix 500? Thanks a Million
Replies
Views
Hey guys. As the title suggests, I need to configure a Danfoss Aquadrive FC202 inverter, so that its logic inhibits the local command when the...
Replies
Views
Is there a way to add a local message display to Studio 5000 View Designer? If its there, I’m not finding it. I have used them in older versions...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom