high speed counting with 314c-2dp

tomkens

I am trying to use high speed counter in siemens 314c 2dp

(connecting incremental encoder)I did it before in 314ifm but it is compeletly different and confusing.

where shoud i connect my encoder

which sfc should I use

if you look at HW configuration you see some adderess for count

768-783 I don't really know them

if some one send me a sample program I would be really cheerful

Go to Siemens Support and get Entry 18467424. They have a sample program for the integrated encoder function on the 31xC processors. However, I did not find it particularly useful for my application. Maybe it will benefit you.

I did find section 5.5.5 in the S7-300 Technological Functions Manual (Entry ID 12429336) to be very useful. This is what I followed to setup four encoders with my S7-314C-2DP.

In the HW Config, I set the operating mode to count continuously. The Addresses I left at the default (768-783). Under Basic Parameters I did not select an interrupt. On the Count tab I set the gate function to cancel count, signal evaluation to rotary encoder double, and everything else is at the default values.

I added SFB47 (Count) to my project. I call it from a function block. I send 300 hex to the LADDR argument, 0 to the CHANNEL, and I set SW_GATE when I want the counter to count.

The count value is available at COUNTVAL. I also use the JOB logic to reset the count value when I home the axis. I use all four counter channels, so my function block calls the SFB in the multiple instance method.

As for wiring the encoders, encoder 0 is connected to pins 2, 3, and 4. Encoder 1 to pins 5, 6, and 7. Encoder 2 to pins 8, 9, and 12. Encoder 3 to pins 13, 14, and 15. Pin 1 is connected to +24 VDC and pin 20 is to reference (negative).

I hope this general information helps.