Pmd200

geoff stone

I need to retrieve the messages stored in an Uticor PMD200 text display.

I’ve got the correct software to “upload / download & edit” but am unable to obtain information on the communication cable required and where to connect to on the PMD 200. Any help appreciated!

As I recall you have to change one of the DIP switches and then press the 'reset' button to go into upload/read mode from display mode but I couldn't tell you which one from memory...

...anyway here's the cable we have used for these in the past.....

I'm currently playing with a PMD 180. This unit has a 4 row display and connections for PLC ,comp ,print and slave displays. Would really appreciate any info on this device, especially the DIP switch settings.
If you are using PMD pro, it just asks if the unit is in display mode before uploading. Did you have any luck using the new lead?

geoff stone said:
I need to retrieve the messages stored in an Uticor PMD200 text display.

I’ve got the correct software to “upload / download & edit” but am unable to obtain information on the communication cable required and where to connect to on the PMD 200. Any help appreciated!

Geoff, does your manual on the PMD200 indicate what the default baud rates are coming out of the unit for either computer programming or "tape in" or "tape out"? I've been unable to find a manual for this unit.

I dug out an old laptop with the PMD180 software installed and from the help file:

9600 baud
No parity
8 data bits
1 stop bit
RTS/CTS not required

Kevin

If I remember right, I used some PMD180s a while back and the connection info could be viewed/changed from the PMD180 directly. I think it had to be in setup mode. I don't know if that's true for the PMD200.