Missing Simatic Library

PatrickC

I am currently using Simatic NCM v5.3 and Net PC v6.2 to configure a profibus application for the S7-300 PLC. For some unknown reason the hardware catalog inside "hardware configuration" is now blank even though it had listed devices before. I have done a through uninstall and reinstall at the suggestion of Siemens support but the hardware catalog is still blank. The program tries to build a file s7hcat_x.dat in the S7hwprf directory when I choose "Options->Update Catalog" but the file is essentially blank as well.
Any suggestions on how to restore the catalog would be appreciated. Even Siemens support doesn't seem to know the answer to this one.
I am running Windows XP with SP1 since there is apparently a driver conflict with SP2.

Thanks.