iFix communication with the ABR driver

RichardsBay

Hi,

I hav an iFix system and a controllogix 5561 processor...Iam having trouble in getting the data into iFix from the PLC. I thought that the ABR driver was configured properly but i just get invalid station invalid for the datablock validation..I can ping this address tho'.

Please help

Thanks

RichardsBay said:
Hi,

I hav an iFix system and a controllogix 5561 processor...Iam having trouble in getting the data into iFix from the PLC. I thought that the ABR driver was configured properly but i just get invalid station invalid for the datablock validation..I can ping this address tho'.

Please help

Thanks
You need RSLinx Professional for ABR.

Also, I had an issue in which I had set up a new PLC on our existing system, and when I would try to test the setup, I would get the invalid station message. After a couple of reboots ABR connected up and started working and has worked ever since. I never did figure out why.

You also have the choice of Intellution's IGS driver (Industrial Gateway Server), since you are using ControlLogix. Also, IGS does not require RSLinx. I have found Intellution's tech support to be very helpful, especially on the driver setup end of it.