DH+ development environment

cfernan62

Hello, I am trying to set up a DH+ environment using a AB SLC 5/04 CPU. The problem is, the engineer that I borrowed this from forgot how to program them. I just need someone to point me to the correct RSLogix software so I can configure the DH+ node address for this SLC 5/04.

Thanks for your advice.

Regards,

Conrad

Mark is that something you have written down? I did the DH+ on some units years ago but I'm currently having a brain **** on how to do it again. If you don't have it written down for e-mail, what would be the best times to call you? ([email protected])

What is the question on programming them?
Channel programming on the SLC-04 series is software. Set the options in RSLogix 500, and download to the SLC.

I just tried to modify channel settings on an SLC-04 via RSLinx only, and could not get to the channel configuration page... I'm not sure if it's impossible, but I can't do it over a VPN link (Ethernet VPN-> CLX ENET-> CLX DH/RIO-> Channel A-> SLC5/04 target CPU)

Changing it via RSLinx though would break any explicit MSG instructions or attached DH+ HMI, so I'd imagine you need to use Logix500 (Channel Configuration) to change it.

S:15 is where you put the node address, you have to program it to reset after power down because as i recall it does not hold the address.

SOR XIC S:1/15 BST MOV 9 N7:8 NXB MVM N7:8 000Fh S:15 BND EOR

slc.gif

Last edited:
Use Logix500 and go into the controller properties, Comms Tab and configure the port to DH+ and change the node address to that which you desire. These configs will stick as long as you have a battery in the controller and you are not using EEPROM cards. If you are using EEPROM cards, then you will need to burn the EEPROM by going to the COMM menu on the title bar (i.e. File, Edit, etc.)

It is best to connect locally to the controller when doing this or your will loose your communication. Either way you also will need to configure RSLinx to talk to the controller... do this by configuring the communication driver.

Connect to the SLC via any means you can, DF1 or via DH+.
Change the node settings here
dh.jpg

If using DF1 to communicate, you will encounter no problems, but if using DH+, you probably have to reconfigure your RsLinx.
The node address is alive until you run down the battery, then the processor defaults to address 0 and baud 57.6K.