RSLINX Installation

hitesh

Has anyone had problems installing Linx on the notebook.
Whilst upgrading from 2.43 to 2.5 The uninstall of previous version takes first however 2.5 cant be installed because it keeps saying that there is an older version that needs to be removed????

Ideas??

hitesh said:
Has anyone had problems installing Linx on the notebook.
Whilst upgrading from 2.43 to 2.5 The uninstall of previous version takes first however 2.5 cant be installed because it keeps saying that there is an older version that needs to be removed????

Ideas??
Before you start installing the new version, you have to manually Un-install the previous version from the Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs.

if i remember correctly run the new cd install and it will find the old version and ask if you want to remove it.do so then install the new version.that or you have to uninstall with the old version cd in your cd rom.sorry if it sounds confusing but basically add/remove program without either of the old or new cd's running will fail.
i would also move the activation key first to be on the safe side.hope this is of some help

Last edited: