PLC CH D50 Communication problem

OFG

Hello group -

I want to provide a backup for a customer's D50.

I received the pinouts for the D50 232 cable – thanks, nswu1.

I have completed the cable, and found a new factory CH D50CMP485 converter for a good price so I bought it.

I am using WinGPC 2.21 and I am getting the error message

“Invalid PLC ID or disconnected!”

I am confident in the cable I made – it circuit tests fine and should be OK.

I have looked on the CH website for info on WinGPC but I must be doing something wrong since I can't find any reference to WinGPC.

I have tried the addresses 0,1 and 255 as per some dox recommendation that I found.

Is there a chance that the PLC has a CPU ID other than one of the 3 that I tried?

Is there a simple way of resetting that ID?

Thanks in advance for your help –

OFG

I found the problem - I had an incorrect cable. I found that if I have the correct 485 converter, I can use a DB9 straight thru, pin-to-pin cable and it works OK.

OFG

cable of comunication cutler-hammer D50

I have the software WinGPC 4.2
Now I need of the configuration of the communication cable. Somebory can help me?