RS Networx

anks

Hi,

I am connected to SLC500/05 (ch. 0 RS232, ch1. ethernet) on the processor & Panel View Plus 700 through RS232 from my laptop, and processor & HMI are connected via ethernet,,, do I need to install RSNetworx for ethernet, control net or devicenet for communications??????? what is the use of RSNetworx?? can anyone gimme the link where I can do some more research.

Thanks

simple

If a devicenet network is set on your system, you need RsNetworx for devicenet. Use Rsnetworx for controlnet if a controlnet network is set on your system.

Rsnetworx is for configured a devicenet or contronet network.

Look on AB.com ---product directory

Not sure what you're doing, but sounds like all you need is RSLinx. From the configure drivers menu in RSLinx, use the "RS-232 DF-1 Devices" driver for the laptop communication via serial port. Use the "ethernet devices" driver for connecting via ethernet.