s5 115 u siemens plc

abosaa2001

hi,
how can be sure that if user program were lost during wrong precedure to replace backup battrey.the plc now showing only digital inputs ( LEDs in all input models are ON).
i made all kind of resets ( overall reset, reset,cold start,etc)
the machine control panel which is connected to the PLC tharough 9 pin connector indicates a communication error>
can i relaod the user program so that this communication error disapear.
regards

Hi abosaa

Do you have Step5 software and cable connect from PC to PLC? If you have, you connect to PLC and check the program inside PLC. But I think you was lost it because you made overall reset.

abosaa2001 said:
how can be sure that if user program were lost during wrong precedure to replace backup battrey.

If you switched off the power supply module when the backup battery was changed then you can be certain that you have kissed goodbye to the program.

As TheVo states, if you have Step5 software, cable and a backup of the program, you can reload it and solve your problem.

Paul

TheVo said:
Hi abosaa

(Do you have Step5 software and cable connect from PC to PLC? If you have, you connect to PLC and check the program inside PLC. But I think you was lost it because you made overall reset.

hi. Mr.TheVo,
i have siemens PG and cable but it was supplied to 155H plc. can i used it for 115U?
if the plc shows the input leds only( all oupt modules were off) is that mean there is no user program?
regards

abosaa2001,

If you did a overall reset you have cleared the processor memory and there is no program inside now. I hope you have a backup copy of the program for the PLC.

You can use the PG and cable to connect to your 115 PLC. The 155 is just a higher end Siemens PLC.

If you need more info let me know. Am at work all night tonight and will be back in tommorow night.

Larry