Rockwell software to compare program differences

simplelogix

Hello Engineers,

I develop PLC software in RS-Logix 5000 and CX-One Omron programming software.

Omron CX-One has a few nice features such as:
1) You can compare 2 PLC programs and see the differences between them.

2) You can go online to an Omron PLC and see the differences between the program running in the PLC and the program that is currently open on your laptop/pc.

Does anyone know how I can have the same features in ControlLogix 5000?

Thanks for your advice.
Simplelogix

When you installed RSLogix 5000 a "Compare Tool" should have been added to the Windows Start menu under RockwellSoftware/RSLogix5000Enterprise.

I suspect it only does offline compare only, and it outputs the differences as text in either HTML or XML format. It isn't quite as slick as the compare tool in RSLogix500 or the Omron Cx-One but I suspect that this is because developing this tool for the CLX datastructure is a lot more challenging than for the relatively simple structures found in the SLC500.

But I've used it a number of times and found it ok as long as there are not too many variances in the UDT's. In that case there tend to be so many differences logged, that finding want you want in the output file isn't very easy.

Last edited:
guys, I don't see it, I have Ver. 8.02 loaded, thats our platform ver., I have a translation tool and tutorials, but no compare???, I will check next time I load 10.xxx, but I don't think that it will change with versions???

geniusintraining said:
guys, I don't see it, I have Ver. 8.02 loaded, thats our platform ver., I have a translation tool and tutorials, but no compare???, I will check next time I load 10.xxx, but I don't think that it will change with versions???

It will compare versions 10 and later. Time to get with the times G!