PLC with Pump

manikandan

Dear Friends,
I am working in Oil Plant automation project. Is it possible to connect the DOL pump starter(L&T made type MK1) with PLC? If so what is the procedure? if it is not possible what is the other solution?

Thanks in advance for ur support.

Regards
Manikandan

Yes, it just appears to be a simple starter; with a coil that you provide power to to energize it, and an overload relay (contacts) that will give back status.

You just need a compatible digital output (correct voltage) and input.

As for the procedure, maybe you should see the 'Learn PLC's' link at the top of the page.

Similar Topics

Hi, I would like to assemble a simulator/practice booster pump system that uses PID to maintain steady water pressure under various outlet demands...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have three pumps, I have to start first pump for 8 minute and after that it should be turned off and other one start simultaneously...
Replies
Views
I would like to ask, how the centrifugal pump operation is done through PLC in Auto - sequence mode in general. Starting of Pump in Auto...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been asked to display the pump efficiency on our HMI system (iFIX). They have requested a kind of bar graph to indicate if it's running...
Replies
Views
How can you confirm the pump started from a plc is running in the field without relying on the fact the contact has closed. Would you say get...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom