S7-200 online with GPRS

ason

Hey, i wonder what i need if i wanna connect from work to a PLC s7-224
is there any gsm module that i can use GPRS or regulare modem?

You could take a TC35 for simple GSM (SMS + Data connection).
You need additional a PC/PPI cable 6ES7 901-3CB30-0XA0 and small gender changer (<1 EUR).

For GPRS there is the MC45 but there is no built in TCP, refer also tip19 from microset (www.microset.de).

Otherwise take a modem with built in TCP and controlled fully by
AT commands (use then freeport from S7-200).

thanks for the tip,
going to take a closer look at them.

i wanna use it in this way,
i need a product that i conf. to the 224 so it works before we ship the machine and then i disconnect the modem and hopefully it will work without the modem.
and if they need some changes i ship the modem or what else to costumer and they connect it to the s7-224 plc and i dailin or something,

Any modem could do the job. However due the modem synchronisation problems on (inter)national connections the EM241 was created for. You should use them if applicable, since is optimized to communicate with PPI.

Em241(about <400EUR) is for fixed line only. If GSM is only available take a TC35(about 140-200EUR).

For TC35 and regular modems the NEW PC/PPI cable (6ES7 901-3CB30-0XA0) is required and a simple gender changer (1 EUR).

While connecting the EM241 the power supply must be disconnected. For TC35 or commercial this isn`t required, but while connecting them could occur some short communication error.

P.S:
You should program the modem settings before delivering.
The most importing setting is for take off after X time rings.
ATS0=1 means take off after 1st ring. Save the configuartzion then. Refer the modem manual on AT commands.
The Em241 don`t need presets.

I wonder, if i have a program that is conf. for a MC35 and working,
and i calling in to the PLC and going to download a new program, what will happend?
do i need to restart the PLC and dont i lost the connection then?
do i need to have a human person there to restart and put it in run mode?

The connection wouldn`t be lost. There is no local human required.
Microwin could set the CPU remote in Run/Stop and even power reset.

Don`t forget to set the register S0=1 as i mentioned before (AS0=1 + ENTER; store then your profile AT&W0 + ENTER)
The Microwin Modem assistant can help you on that TC35(MC35), the init string is already there.