Com Profibus IO Configuration

juice76

I'm attempting to use the ET200S IO for the first time. The DP master will be a 555-1105. The DP Slave is an IM151-1. I need to use 120 volt AC discretes. When I configure my IM151 with the 6ES71314EB000AB0 2DI and with the 6ES7132HB010AB0 2DO modules, the Identifier field shows them as 8DO and 8DO. When I export the binary file, and then merge it into my 505 software, the modules show up as 8 inputs and 8 outputs. They should be showing up as 2 ins and 2 outs.

Any help is appreciated!

Juice76,

I had a similar 'problem' when I configured an ET200S (IM151) to work with an S5 115U, profibus master IM308C, I used 4 DI and 4 DO modules in the IM151 and I know that a byte was allocated to each module, so I effectively lost 4 bits per card in the IM151 rack, I could only use the first four bits (I0.0 to I0.3 for example), that might be the case for you as well, but you loose 6 bits per card.

Paul

Thanks Paul. According to Siemens Tech Support that is the case. I just wanted to hear from someone else because the tech support guy I was talking to kept laying the phone down, and asking someone in the background. I didn't have a lot of confidence in what he was telling me.

juice76 said:
According to Siemens Tech Support that is the case. I just wanted to hear from someone else because the tech support guy I was talking to kept laying the phone down, and asking someone in the background. I didn't have a lot of confidence in what he was telling me.

I suppose it's better he (tech support) does ask someone who does know than just guess at an answer to give you. :confused:

This forum is the only tech suppport I use!

Paul

Hi Juice

I'm digging back in my memory to the last time I used TI, but don't you have the option to 'combine' I/O addresses or something like this? So you can have a virtual module in the I/O config which consists of both DI and DO?
Anyway, I don't think losing a couple of bits in a 555 should cause too much pain - again I seem to remember you have an enormous address space in that CPU?

Ken

If I remember correctly, for the TI505 PLC's the I/O foot print per module in a Profibus slave is bounded by the original 505 module I/O count steps such as 8, 16, 32. I had encountered this same thing in the past when using a ET200L-SC, and the Smart Connect hardware was much like what the ET200S came out to be.

As far as I/O available, with a 555 you have 8192 I/O points addressable through the I/O image register, and these 8K of points can be word or discrete. As if that's not enough I/O, the CTI Profibus card maps into V-memory; so you have a number greater than 8192 possible.

Tom