S7 DBLG instruction

bellies

Hello All,
New to S7 and would like to perform an action on every bit within a DB. i.e. use the DBLG return value as the loop counter value and cycle through bits. Can anyone please tell me what the return value of the DBLG instruction is as it is not clear from the S7 manuals. I'm presuming it's length in bytes but need clarification.

Thanks in advance

B

Also wondering what happens when DB is odd number of bits
for example when last address is 16.5 Does S7 round to next
byte value.

Also on another note what exactly happens when a S7 moves a Dint to an Int.
Thanks Again just trying to get my head round some things

DB's are always an even number of bytes. Here's what happens when you transfer a 32bit number to a 16 bit variable.

Code:
	  L	 DW#16#12345678
	  T	 #wBert
	  L	 #wBert	//wbert=5678