S7 Profibus FMS CP-card questions.....

JIMCON

Hello all u S7 PLC Gurus..

I have some questions for you about Simatic 7 FMS CP cards..

First I wonder whats the diffrence between FMS cards CP443-5 Basic and CP443-5 Extended ?

And second: Is there any 343-5 FMS card that can handle more than one parallel service att the same time ?? I have a CP443-5 that can handle 4 jobs at the same time. But theCP343-5 can not ? Is there a new CP343-5 on the market that can handle 4 SCC..
// Jim

Hello Jimcon;

1) CP443-5 Basic connects to Profibus-FMS, CP443-5 Extended connects to Profibus-DP (both support S7 and FDL functions)

2)Basically, the S7-400 CPs are always more powerful, and can handle more connections than their S7-300 counterparts. However, the revision of the Cp343-5 Basic described in this Siemens manual states it can handle up to 16 FMS connections:

cp343_5.JPG

For comparision, here are the equivalent data for the CP443-5 Basic:

Cp443-5.JPG

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Thanx for the reply..

But what i mean is not how many connector you can have on a 343-5 card..
I wonder how many parallel service this card can handle..
eg. How many index of arrays i can send recive att the same time.. I cant find info about this the product manual ?? The only way I can see how many SCC i can use is when I am konfigurating this card in Step 7 (netpro)..
So i guess i have to go to Siemens an let them run the NCM tool on a 343-5 card and get the latest diagnostics on the lates CP card.. they dont know what im talking about when i call them . :(

Hello Jimcon;

To tell the truth, I don't understand your question either...

how many connector you can have on a 343-5 card..
These are connections, please read the FMS manuals to understand the concept, I think it is relevant to your enquiries.

how many parallel service this card can handle

What do you mean by parallel services?

Daniel Chartier

dchartier said:
Hello Jimcon;

To tell the truth, I don't understand your question either...

These are connections, please read the FMS manuals to understand the concept, I think it is relevant to your enquiries.

What do you mean by parallel services?

Daniel Chartier

I Mean Maximum parallel Send job that can exist on the same time.
Whats the max SCC for the new CP343-5.
If I set up a new projekt in S7 manager and configure a profibus FMS kommunikation in netpro between an other device and CP343-5. When i select properties/details for the FMS connection I can only have 1 SCC.. If i have a CP443-5 i can have 4 SCC.