Elevators programming help

mikedog

I am doing a school project, We have to make 4-floor elevator logic program. I have some of the program but do I need to put in a JSR or a jump ? in my program.

how to use a SR ? help

Last edited:
Whether you need or not you have to decide allone. You are the programmer! :)
Just try to use it and then you can see how it works.

how to use a SR?

The easiest method to see how to use SR(or anything in Step7) is to add SR function to your program(no matter where), to select it and just hit F1 button.

I assume you are referring to Rockwell Software product so I will answer this with that in mind. If you put any logic in a ladder file OTHER than Ladder 2 or Main, you will need to use a JSR (Jump to Subroutine) in the main file in order to scan that logic.

If, however, you want to have that ladder scanned without a JSR you are then working with Selectable Timed Interrupts and Digital I/O interrupts. Ignor this for now.

David

Mikedog,

I suggest splitting your Elevator program into the following Subroutines:

1 First-Scan Initialization
2 Floor Requests
3 Do Next Request or Wait
4 Close Door Then Move
5 Track Car Movement
6 Stop & Open Door
7 Alarms & Troubleshooting