Anyone Use Eaton/ch Plc/hmi????

Charles1

Hey guys,

I am trying to get a feel for how popular Eaton/Cutler-Hammer's ELC PLC and ePRO HMI are in the control market. I believe that we are the only one in North Texas who uses their PLC/HMI product line. Do any members out there have any experience with their control products?

Charles

This is just my opinion and in general means nothing if you (your company) are happy with the product and service being offered.

C-H has offered PLCs and other automated products in the past but when they dis-continue the product they stop support. In many cases the items are "brand" labeled by C-H so you must go to the original mfg for support...which we all know increases the cost. In some cases you just have to replace it.

The other aspect is that C-H has not shown much longevity with many automation products, in other words they may or may not have and support what you have today in 5 years....I doubt they will.

Personally I do not even care for their pushbuttons any more, their reliability is not what it once was, but that said they their NEMA rated buttons/switiches are still more reliable than some companies IEC rated equivalent.

If your relationship with Eaton/C-H is good then you may be OK BUT if this relationship is based on a distributor...beware.