Simatic S7 V5.3

hagos

Dear sparkies,

I recently bought S7 V5.3 , I installed the SW where every thing goes fine (actually I faced a small problem with the authorisation, but this was managed to be solved) , when I launched the program I tried to SET PC/PG INTERFACE , but I couldn't find the CP5512(which I use to communicate with my PLC) withinn the choices.

Appreciate your help as usual.

Cheers
hagos

In the "Set PG/PC Interfaces" window, there is an "Interfaces Add/Remove" section with a "Select" button. Click that button and an "Install/Remove Interfaces" window will appear. Highlight the CP5512 card in the selection section and click the "Install-->" button.

In order to configure and select the CP5512 in the "Set PG/PC Interfaces" window, you need to have the card installed with the cable/adapter connected.

Thanks Imi'ike for the very useful tip, soon I plugged the 5512 card, it automatically installed the driver for it.

Now every thing works great.
Cheers
Hagos