S7 programming question

DeHulk

a changed somethinh in an existing program
I transfer a result of FB16 to DB75.DBD80

when i use status variable on this double data word i have the resukt in dec 118950 which is correct.

the problem is :
in DB 75 i declarated 80.0 as real
when monotoring al values show the result but the 80.0 remaines 0
What did i do wrong ?

Nothing is wrong, it's just that 118950 decimal is not valid as a floating point number so the DB editor can't show you a value. Instead it shows 0.0000e+000 (rather than 0.0). Try monitoring the value in a VAT table as floating point - the VAT table will show the value as a double word, again because it is not a valid floating point number.

Similar Topics

I'm been deciphering a program for a press here. I've gotten most of it deciphered using the manual to understand the instructions (first mitsu...
Replies
Views
Hello. Was just curious, if it is possible to load an image from an SD card on to a Compactlogix PLC that came straight out of the box brand new...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for advice on programming MicroLogix 1400 with RSLogix500. Basically, I have a client who requested I make a "simple" program...
Replies
Views
How do you code it to when you push a button attached to X001, it turns on Y001. Then, the next time you push the button attached to X001 it...
Replies
Views
I am just finishing up my project, which was my first experience with PLCs. I thank everyone that has helped me work through the RIO and analog...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom