P.E in Controls

MiamiEngineer

Hello All,

I am thinking to give P.E in controls engineering (state of florida)...since i am a recent graduate and entry level controls engineer..i need some suggestions here

1) Does it help having P.E in the Controls world?

2) where can i get the topics for the exam..and previous papers, books etc

Any kind of help is greatly appreciate

Thanks in advance

Regards

1) Does it help having P.E in the Controls world?

2) where can i get the topics for the exam..and previous papers, books etc
[/QUOTE]

1)It depends on your area of practice. If you are doing controls in-house for a manufacturer, probably not much (but it can't hurt). If you are working for a consulting firm on public works projects it is indispensible.

2) Start here: http://www.nspe.org/

I did a search on "Professional Engineer" and came up with a lot of places that sell exam preparation materials.

Thomas E. Jenkins, P.E.

Study guides for most PE exams can be found at www.ppi2pass.com

I read an article from IEEE, they said consultants that have PEs make about 5-10% more than those without.

The control engineering exam seems to be backed by www.isa.org

They sell study guides also.