PV 600 Upload dies

chshdnprd

I am having a problem uploading from a pv600. It is connected to a contrologix plc via devicenet. I connect to the contologix via ethernet. The panelview shows up in rslinx, and when I try to upload in panelbuilder, it identifies the terminal, starts uploading but it never makes it all the way. It times out at different places each time. This is a oem machine, and I am trying to keep backup copies, so as far as I know, we have never communicated with it here. Any help would be appreciated.

OK, the fact that it starts to Upload is GOOD.

My first thought is that the DeviceNet may not be configured quite right. It may be too busy handling the IO connections to be able to reliably handle the Messaging for the Upload.

Do you have RSNetworx for DeviceNet? If so then can you start it up and GoOnline to the DNet with it? Can you open the "Properties" for the 1756-DNB and look at the "Module" tab. What is the Interscan delay? The default value is 10msec.

If the Scanlist has a lot of devices being polled then this is the interval at which those polls occurs. Now depending on the baud rate of your network, 125k, 250k or 500k, and the amount of data each of the nodes is shifting (esp. a PanelView), then it may be taking the network most of the poll time just to handle the IO updates, which does not leave enough time in that 10msec Interscan interval to reliably handle the Upload you are trying to do.

Is the machine still running when you are trying to do an upload? If not then put the CLX in Program mode and temporarily disconnect other nodes on the DNet in order to try and reduce the traffic, and see if the Upload works.

If this is the case, then in the longer term you may want to examine the Network setup to see if there is a more efficient configuration you can achieve(COS. Periodic, longer Interscan Delay, Increase the Foreground/Background Ratio) etc that will reduce the total load on the network, without compromising the IO throughput times.

Thanks for responding. I went online w/ DNet, and the Interscan delay is 30msec. Also in the Scanlist is the PV600, a 871TM prox, and a Bulletin 160, which is connected to 5, 0.75kw AC drives. Can I change the Interscan delay on the fly, or will it shut down the machine? I can't really shut it down now, but I will try uploading in program mode when I get a chance.
Thanks again.

I took the CLX to program, and it kicked off the drives, which allowed me to upload the program. You hit the nail on the head. Thanks for the help.