PV600 to PLC5 Node name issue

booten

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know what the squiggly line in this processor name means and how to address it in the PB32 application?

PLC5.JPG

PB32.JPG

Thanks Bill

There are 3 other PLC 5's and one PV1200 on the network I am just trying to add this PV600 to it.

Just tried to add a ~ to the name of a PLC5 processor. Would not accept it.
Have a look in the other panelviews for the node name of the PLC.
Regards Alan

have seen this squiggly line in dos based systems when filename is longer than 8 characters. i.e. mycomputer.doc becomes mycomp~1.doc
hope this helps

Allan Case,

I was incorrect about the PV1200, it is on RIO.

bellies,

That is probably what happened.

This PLC application was imported over to RSLogix from AI series. I looked back at the old AI series files (still have them saved) and I see that they also have that line. The PLC5 must be made to accept it some how from the import utility.

jstolaruk,

I will try going without the line and see what happens.

Thanks everyone,
Bill