Indramat servos

gas

Hello all

Does anyone know where I might find a tutorial or other user info for Indramat?

I have customers that use these in their packaging machines and when I look for information I get referrals to an expensive school.

Thanks

George

Thanks Henry
I looked at that site before but I don't know what I am looking for.
What I need to understand is how the PLC writes to the drive or perhaps what the bits in the words control.
Thanks

You are welcome.

Colleagues of me used that drives. They wrote a digital patron to the drives to select a profile from the drive. There is software to look at these profiles. For the rest you have to enable the drive. May be you can get that software from Rexroth and may be that will help.

Regards,

Henry

My local rep has given me a CD with all their docs on it. That is all that I have ever got.

I usually have to contact one of their engineers when I have a specific question like that. Otherwise expensive school is Indramat's main option.

Thanks Rick

Just like AB, buy our stuff then pay lots to learn to use it.
In this case, buy our stuff and then pay a lot just to optimise it.

We've got several machines that use the ECODRIVE 3. One of them interfaces with the PLC through simple discrete I/O. I think there is a drive enable output, one to command the drive to run it's homing routine, and one to signal the drive to run it's first 'program'. Then the drive has a fault output to alert the PLC if the drive is faulted.

To change the behaviour of the drive, we used Rexroth's drivetop software and a homemade rs-232 cable with a fifteen pin connector on one end and a db-9 on the other. The software is a little overwhelming at first because so much behaviour can be modified, but it's for the most part self explanatory and has good help docs.

The only thing we changed was to make the drive spin a full 360 degrees on every move command instead of 120 like the OEM had it programmed for. So my exposure is pretty limited.

The other machine uses a Rexroth PLC and communicates with the drive via an optical fiber link. It's all proprietary though so I don't know a lot about it.

I've downloaded the manuals from their site and found them to be fairly comprehensive. But if you're looking for 'quick' knowledge and don't have a lot of time to research you may be stuck paying for the class.

gas-

Based on your second post I'm going to assume you have a PLC/fieldbus/drive system setup.

Do you have a system with a PLC and drives only or do you have a system with a PLC, a PPC and then drives? If you have a PLC and drives only, does the fieldbus go to all the drives or only ine drive?

I'll be back at work tomorrow and may be able to post some links to information. Let m eknow what you have for a desing and I'll tailor it a bit.

Keith

Gas,

I attached the a txt file of our 2-axis, CLM 1.3 program in this thread:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=20813

Our PLC communicated with the Indramat with a handful of discreet I/O signals. If you have the CLM programming manual and were to take a look at the txt file, you would see that there wasn't that much to the program at all. A lot of it was redundant since we used the machine for five different products. I don't know if your application is as simple or if you are using discreet I/O, but if you find the txt file helpful, I can speak to any questions you may have. Our unit has been quite reliable, we actually had more problems with external encoder positioning feedback than with the drive itself.

Grover