Logicmaster 9030 Rel 9.05 with XP

Robertg01

Is anybody able to run Logicmaster from XP. I have managed to get a soft copy of the above with the disc information in separate folders but when trying to run setup I get a message that the parameter is incorrect.

Thanks,
Robert

I believe there is a service pack or special fix available for running in XP. I'm not sure however. Steve Bailey can answer this better than I. He knows quite a lot about LM90 and GEFANUC stuff.

By the way, there used to be a four day fully functional version of Cimplicty Machine Edition Demo available that might do what you need.

You might want to look at this old thread for a little more info.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=45169#post45169

Last edited:
Thanks. I have Proficy ME and Steve Bailey has helped me a lot recently but my leaders sent me a LM90 software package so I tried to instal it. I suspect ME is the way to go providing the 9030 is not too old. Even if its old the best long term solution may be to upgrade the plc providing we can get the old LM programs converted to run in ME. Steve was very helpful doing this recently.

I can run LM90 v 9.05 under XP Pro on my Dell Latitude D510. I can communicate with the PLC either through the serial port or through my Radio Shack USB/serial adapter when I make the USB port COM2.

The version of LM90 that I used for installation was included on my VersaPro CD.