Plc5 1771-db,save To Eeprom

hello Guys,
can some one tell me how to change the PLC5 basic module 1771-DB in order to transfer the program from the RAM to the EEPROM 1771-DB MEM2.
the aim is to restore this program whenever a default appears
i know i can use hyperterminal ,but i need more details about the appropiate basic language functions to be used.
thanks in advance.

It has been a while so check with Allen Bradley to confirm this before you start. As far as being able to burn the eeprom itself that was done through the PLC-5 software RS Logix5 and is an option that is accessed through one of the pull down menus up top after you go on line with the processor(the write protect function must be properly set in the eeprom first). After that I beleive that I repositioned the DIP switches in the PLC itself, as I remember it there were two options. The first was download from eeprom at start up and the second was download only when an error was detected. Try the Allen Bradley link found on this site for access to the technical manuals for the processor and the memory module.

ok guys thanks a lot for this informations...

mmh, for what concerns RSLOGIX5 this procedure is eventually used to burn EEPROM inside the processor module,at this moment i'm interested on the Basic module 1771-DB .
In fact this module has it's own programming language (Basic) and to make any programm we can use for instance PBASE software or Hyperterminal...
i've already got the procedure on how to connect by using Hyperterminal (that's the easiest way) and on the mentionned document there are some commands that match the query.
For the Call 71 if i understood well it is just to switch the programm execution from the RAM to EEPROM( this means that we're alreday having a program on each memory ) ,and in my case i just want to transfer the Program residing in RAM to an EEPROM(empty) and after that to remove back my EEPROM and store it in my office as backup whenever needed...
I think i can use PROG and XFER command from the commad mode(on hyperterminal) ,but before this there are some preliminary hardawre configurations(JW4 JW2..) to be done,and you can imagine that i don't want to miss the goal!
Any feed Back is welcome

I misunderstood, when you called out PLC-5 I thought you meant an RS Logix5 type system. I didn't even know that there were modules where Basic was still used in programming. I haven't programmed in Basic since about 1993 or 1994. Sorry I couldn't help.