Drawing figures in this site

suranjan

Hello,
How can I draw figures to make you understand my problems?Maybe,it's very primitive,but,the fact is,I don't know it.Would anybody pls help me?

I've always wondered where you guys come up with ASCII art symbols so quickly to show ladder in a TEXT format, are you guys hiding a secret link somewhere that a fellow could copy and paste some ASCII to create those kewl ladder diagrams in text format like Mr Bailey does? :D

Chako are you calling this ASCII?

--------| |---------------( )---|

This is just using keyboard symbols, with maybe a need everyone once in a while to use the character map.

If you get elaborate then you have to use the code and /code thing.

Yeah, more so I call it ASCII "ART"

Like this:

~~~~~~
| |
|c--OD
| _)
| |
|-. |
/ `-# /A
/ /_|..`#.J/
||LJ `m'

. . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . . .
_________________ ____ __________
. . / | / \ . | \
. / ______ _____| . / \ | ___ | . .
\ \ | | / /\ \ | |___> |
. \ \ | | / /__\ \ . | _/ .
. ________> | | | . / \ | |\ \_______ .
| / | | / ______ \ | | \ |
|___________/ |___| /____/ \____\ |___| \__________| .
. ____ __ . _____ ____ . __________ . _________
\ \ / \ / / / \ | \ / | .
\ \/ \/ / / \ | ___ | / ______| .
\ / / /\ \ . | |___> | \ \
. \ / / /__\ \ | _/. \ \ +
\ /\ / / \ | |\ \______> | .
\ / \ / / ______ \ | | \ / .
. . \/ \/ /____/ \____\ |___| \____________/ LS
. .
. . . . .
. . .

Are you really spending the time to hit the "-" key that many times to make a ladder diagram? Or is there a
copy and paste collection of symbols in text format somewhere?

Last edited:
For myself, I just hit the '-' a lot (or hold it down for autorepeat).

It doesn't take as long as you would expect. The "hardest" part is getting the text to fit on branches if the name is too long.

And once you've entered one rung, cut and paste goes a long way to building the next rung.

I briefly looked to see if my old copy of AI could generate rung ASCII, since that's how it prints, but it was more trouble than it was worth.

Remember, suranjan, to always put the text [LADDER] before drawing a rung in ASCII, and [/LADDER] after the rungs. If you don't, the font will be a proportional font instead of fixed, and any multiple spaces will become single spaces, which will destroy the alignment.

Go to the Practice Posting Here forum to test your skills. Also, if you see a post and you wonder "How did they do that", click on the word Quote at the bottom of their reply, and you'll see the raw post with all the original vB tags.

I could not paste it

Steve Bailey

I drew a a figure in word file.When I try to paste it here,it only pastes texts.If I browse it from the folder,it says the file extension must have bmp,jepg etc.So how can I overcome from it?

Re: I could not paste it

suranjan said:
Steve Bailey

I drew a a figure in word file.When I try to paste it here,it only pastes texts.If I browse it from the folder,it says the file extension must have bmp,jepg etc.So how can I overcome from it?
Hi Suranjan
In Word use the Courier font (or any mono-spaced font) to type your ladder diagram.
Then type the [ ladder ] command (minus the spaces). Now paste your code. Then close the tag [ /ladder ](minus spaces).
The below was done this way.

|------| |--------( )----|
|
|------| |--

See more here: entering a ladder diagram
Enjoy,

Last edited:
suran,

I learned this from Allen Nelson on a previous reply to a post.
I'm going to assume that you need absolute details on this, so this may seem a little elementary. When you have your word image or text on your screen hit the Prt Scr button on your key board. Its usually to the right of the F12 key. Now you won't see anything happen, but just trust it. Open up MS paint and start a new project. Go to Image and then attributes or just hit Ctrl+E. Set the height and width to 1 and 1 Pixels, click OK. Go directly to Edit and click past. Your screen that you took a snapshot of when you hit the Prt Scr key will appear on the MS paint screen.

Use the select tool to select what part of the screen you will be uploading to the Plc tutor site. Select the portion you want and cut it out of the screen. Click File New and paste it to a new file. Save this new file as a JPEG to a folder for future access. Use the attach file feature on your post and Browse for the location where you saved the cut portion of your image. As long as you stay below Phils maximum limit it should work ok.

Hope this helps.
Tim
Allen let me know if I've left anything out. BTW thanks for the Prnt Scr key usage. After all these years I would sometimes hit that darn button and didn't see anything happen, so I figured it was for looks.
:D

foryou.jpg

Another PrintScreen "tip"...

If you hold down the ALT button while pressing PrintScreen, it will capture just the currently active window to the clipboard (rather than the entire screen)... :cool:

beerchug

-Eric

Thanks Eric,
COOL TIP!! ;)
I have to make some detailed explantions on some PLC And HMI software programs by actually showing where to find the settings in the software. Taking a screen shot and adding some text explanations is going to be a lot of help.
Tim