SLC500 DH+ loss of Communication

ettikudiappan

Hi

I have ten SLC 500s networked on DH+ at 230kbps. I have one PC connected to the network. I can upload and go online with all the SLCs, but if I do a download, I get a "Communication Lost" error and the SLC defaults to factory default mode. Have any of you experienced this issue. If so, how did you solve it?

Hi there,

I am nearly certain that an slc500 processor does not hold its node address when powered off.I have had this problem before where the proc would go back to default,i had to put some code in the program driven from the first scan bit.

Hope this helps.

Garry,

That's a good way to make sure, but our SLC's (5/04's) are powered down regularly and never lose their node assignments. All the SLC's in the plant are networked to a production monitor and they all remember who they are through power downs.

ettikudiappan,

The higher speed DH+ and RIO has never worked exactly as advertised. Try slowing the network down and see what happens. Just as a troubleshooting step. If it works better that way, make sure your network cabling is perfectly installed. (no trunks, proper terminations, etc)