How to remove USB device safely?

briana banks

Hi All

How to remove USB device safely on a PC locked with Desklock?
there is no taskbar)
Using win2k
Thnx

Last edited:
No they can't !! however , in the case of a USB hard drive , disable caching and allow dismount without stopping first , this should be safe . I'm sure you can do the same thing with flash drives.
Even under XP , treat a USB hard drive with the respect it deserves and either disable caching , or stop it first - thats why windows gives that annoying warning .

There are people that tell you that you can plug in a PS2 mouse with the power on , I beg to differ !

The answer is above - you said that you had desktop lock installed - if you had desktop lock installed , then the only thing you could be using the stick for is for archiving to , so why not make a shortcut on desktop lock to do what you require ?