"BAM" Logc

Mark Hanvey

Two out of seven of our Burr Oak machines opperate on BAM type logic for program control. I have not been able to find much information on this type of program. The other five machines all run on regular ladders. Each time I have a problem with the program I have to down load the whole thing from Oak and then change all the perimeters to fit my machine. There has to be a better way. Any help would help. TNX
Mark

BAM-LOGIC?? "Buy Another Machine"?

So, If you have a problem, you reload and restart..., right?

Where have I heard that solution before???? Windoze O/S?

Do the BAM systems exist in the older or newer machines?

Are the BAM Systems, in fact, PLC's?

If the BAM Systems exist in the older machines and they are NOT PLC's, then maybe OAK has moved from BAM to PLC. In this case, you might be looking at doing a conversion, if that is a viable solution.

If the BAM Systems exist in the newer machines and they are NOT PLC's, then maybe OAK has moved from PLC to BAM. Oak might have moved to a Closed-System. If so, this is probably a PC-type System. In that case, you are not likely to gain access to the code (Source File). You might be able to get them to create a Parameter File. Of course, this would mean re-writing code at YOUR EXPENSE!

But then again, maybe OAK offers both systems and someone on your end screwed up and ordered the wrong system! In that case, your company is liable for any changes that need to be made in the hardware and/or software!

The first thing you have to do is talk to OAK. Find out what your options are - if any.

Thank you for your reply. It confirmed what I thought to be the woorst case scenerio. It is not the oldest machine in the group. You are right in that it is PC based code. It is a Berkley machine code. We did ask Oak about a PLC control format, not for that type of machine was the answer. Thanks again.
Mark