GSD file CPU-414 2DP

firstelectric

Hello,

I have a CPU in my machine with the number 6ES7 414-2XG03 0AB0 V3.0

I ordered a new one, and that one has the number

6ES7 414-2XG04 0AB0 V1.0

Must I change the hardware configuration? The answer would be yes!

But in the catalogue is that number not available.

Does anybody now, where I can find an update for that part.

Or must I buy it?

And how do I get it in the right place in my catalogue?

Who can give me the right information?

What version of Step 7 are you running? Version 5.2 does not support all available hardware, and requires an upgrade to Version 5.3.

If you have 5.3, or if your hardware is compatible with 5.2, then you can add the hardware to your hardware catalog. If you go to the Siemens website, you will be able to download the GSD file. Once you have that, you will be able to update the catalog. I don't have the exact sequence of keystrokes memorized, but if you open up the Hardware Configuration and poke through the menus, it will be self-explanatory. I do know that you need to close the hardware catalog and reopen it for the changes to take place, but the rest is obvious.

Hello again S7Guy,

MMMMM, I’ am ashamed of my company.

The version of my S7 is 5.0.0.2 (I think 5 years old)

So I do have a problem when I need that part!!!

The first thing in the morning is talk to my boss about an upgrade.

That will be expensive I’ll suppose.

I need it then for 13 computers where I have a Step7 running.

S7Guy said:
I don't have the exact sequence of keystrokes memorized, but if you open up the Hardware Configuration and poke through the menus, it will be self-explanatory. I do know that you need to close the hardware catalog and reopen it for the changes to take place, but the rest is obvious.

I.ll go to try it and poke through the menus, to do is the best way to learn.

Thanks again for your information

You have 13 computers with S7 , well the company you work for wasn't cheap when they bought that lot , assuming that they are using genuine licenses rather than SCPW32.DLL cracks !! Shouldn't be a problem to get the upgrade you require.

What I mentioned ? the crack ? well , if you go that route , good luck , because it won't work with 5.3 , and you wouldn't do that anyway , would you ?

Hello 10baseT,

What I mean was that about the "13 computers with S7 , well the company you work for wasn't cheap when they bought that lot! Shouldn't be a problem to get the upgrade you require"
This line will I use.
And NO, cracks will not be used!!!
Sorry for the misunderstanding

RGDS firstelectric