Need Help!!!!

kendotan

Hi guys,

I am relatively new to the world of PLC programming..
Currently i'm involve in a project dealing with some automation..
I need some help as i do not understand how to link up a PLC and HMI.

I have read the manual but just simply can't comprehend it.
Could someone just put up some examples for me as references.
Using a OMRON CPM1 Controller and a Pro-face HMI.

Thks,
Kenny

The CPM1 ia a bit of a problem as there is only a peripheral port and no serial port. If the port is in use for the screen, there is no access for programming. If the screen is unplugged for progarmming, then there is no screen. Might I suggest that you look at the CPM2A as it has a peripheral port and a serial port. The serial port can be used direct for screen connection and the peripheral port for programming.

Either way, you will require a host link for the peripheral port for either programming and/or for the screen - CPM1A-CIF01 - can be set for host link or NT Link. You will also require an Omron specific cable. Cables here http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?download=74

Hi BobB,

Appreciate your advice. But i am only given CPM1 to use.
I just like to know how do you program for the NT link?

Thks,
Kenny

Use the CPM1A-CIF01 and there is a small switch on it for Host Link or NT Link. Use host link for programming and NT link for the screen or you can use host link for both.

Regards

Kenny,

Usually, the HMI has an Omron host link driver software built in - it will not be NT link as that is Omrom proprietary stuff. The HMI is normally programmed to read/write to bits, data memories etc. The work is normally done in the HMI.

I do not know anything about the HMI so cannot advise further.