PLC interface to VB 6.0

adeellakho

Hello !!

My project is divided into two main components: the hardware and the software.

The software will control the inputs to and outputs from the parking garage model, and i will use software to create a graphical user interface for the customer. The hardware will include the parking garage model, the PLC, the magnetic strip, and other accessories.
Software:

Graphical User Interface

The main software component of the automated parking garage is the graphical user interface (GUI). The GUI is developed in Visual Basic 6.0. It interfaces with the customer at the gate and also interfaces with the Programmable Logic Controller (PLC). The PLC in turn interfaces with the sensors, signs and other objects on the model. One of the functions of the Automated Parking Garage is to detect the presence or absence of a vehicle on a parking space. The PLC communicates with the hall-effect Sensor ...

Now Problem is that i dont know abt Visual Basic Coz i m dont have knowlagde abt VB or any programming soo plzz help mee in this mater because i am very much worreid abt this soo plz try to help mee ? if any body have this type of VB code or Software so plz send me my mail ... thanks

Adeel Lakho
[email protected]
[email protected]

Hi Adeel.

I dont know much about VB. But I know so much that one problem will be how to connect to the PLC from VB.
In order to help you with that you must inform us what PLC you intend to use (make and type).

There are many ways to go at this but for you the simplest way would be to obtain some "components" to be added to VB.

Some of those components would take care of the comunication ports, and some could take care of the displays.

You should check with your PLC representative and ask him if he has this available for this brand of PLC.

Posting the models here would have already brought you multiple answers.

Your question is so poor in details that its the only thing I can tell you about this project.

I done one "HMI" in VB 6. My advice is DON'T. Unless you are turning out hundreds of machines with the same interface it's just NOT WORTH IT. Buy a cheap HMI instead.

harryting said:
I done one "HMI" in VB 6. My advice is DON'T. Unless you are turning out hundreds of machines with the same interface it's just NOT WORTH IT. Buy a cheap HMI instead.

VB where B stands for beginner!

With such a simple task, when all of the logic is done inside the PLC and only simple visual displays will be done through the custom app its not that hard to do.

And it will be a great learning experience. Who knows he might become the town expert with this :)