This One's For The Allen Bradley Guys

I'm not sure if I understand your question but:
RSLogix 5 is used for all PLC 5
RSLogix 500 is used for all Micrologix and SLC500
RSLogix 5000 is used for all Controllogix and Compactlogix.

Rslogix 500 is for the SLC500 and the Micrologix series,Rslogix 5 is for the PLC5 series, Rslogix5000 is for Contrologix series.

I am not that familiar with Allen Bradley although we have a few in our plant, most of what we have are Automation Direct. How can I tell the difference between 5 or 500? This probably seems like a stupid question to you guys, but I want to buy some software and I am not sure what I am after. I have been looking around for a deal, and I just don't want to spend money on the wrong software.

I don't know if they changed it, but the old RSLogix Starter can program SLC 500 as well as Micrologix.
No Online Editing though.

RSLogix 500 Starter (9324-RL0100ENE), will program all MicroLogix and SLC 500 PLC's, with no online editing capability. If you have the latest version (V 7.0), it will support online editing for the new MicroLogix 1100 only. The other "starter" software that only programs one particular MicroLogix 1000 is a free download version and is not the same as RSLogix 500 starter edition.

I want the full version for the SLC 500 with no restrictions, Where is the best place to find and what kind of price do you guys think I am looking at? Is it even possible to get a deal?