SLC 5/04 Ports

Hello All;

I'm new to this site but I have read many past posts and HOPE that I can get this question answered here- it didn't seem hard, at first, but I may be suffering from the onset of Alzheimers- or just in a "mind lock".

I am setting up a color touchscreen comms to match my Processor, an Allen-Bradley 1747-L542C, and I thought the 9-pin D-shell port on the processor was Channel 0 System. Is this correct, or is it Channel 0 User, or Channel 1 System ?

I appreciate any feedback- even the ones that start with "hey, stupid ....." LOL !!

Good day !!

If you are setting up a touch screen then yes, you want Channel 0 to be setup for System protocol.

Also, be aware of the cable you use. You may need a
straight-throu or a null-modem cable.

If you let us know which touch screen you are using we can offer a little more advice.

OG

I am "attempting" to use an Automation Direct C-more 12" color touchscreen. I have spoken to their Tech support and have already purchased their "correct" cable. Good thought, and you may have a point here as the C-more line is realitively new to the AD folks. AD wants to, and is, phasing out their EZ Touch line. I can provide the exact cable number later- it is in the panel at the jobsite.

Thanks Operaghost and jstolaruk !!

The guidance was golden and the results are beautiful !! I tell ya, the C-more software is soooo easy to use/learn and the screens look great ! I highly suggest a try- I actually surprised myself with the results.

Good day !!!