Help Starting Siemens S7

Pago

Hi all!
I'm new at PLC Programming and will need to program a Siemens S7-300. I've never had before. All what i've done with siemens were some modifications on an already made software.
I've all the logic that i would need an it doesn't look difficul but the problems are programming that to the PLC.

What should i considerer ?

There usual rules to start programming?

What would be the Steps after Configuring Hardware on Simatic Manager?

What is the OB1 behavior!

And if you have give some sources to search!

Thanks!
Pago

The way I went about starting to learn Step 7 and the S7-315 PLC was to take an existing program and work through it rung by rung and write out long-hand what was happening.

Then I'd go into the "Help" files and try to figure out what the various block types were all about, data types, addressing structure, retentivity, Step 7 layout (e.g. NetPro/Hardware Config), object properties, etc.

I also started picking menu options just to see what would come up and then hit F1 to bring up the context-sensitive help and read through that. The good stuff, I would print out to a PDF for further review.

I also purchased Hans Berger's book on LAD/STL.

Finally, I was able to buy the PLCSIM so that I could check things out offline.

It's not been the easiest thing nor the most efficient, granted, but about 6 months into it, I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Ideally, the Siemens training is the place to start.

I don't know of any "trick" to doing it; just lots of time, energy, and hard work -- pretty much like anything, I reckon.

ok! I've started reading something about Simatic Step7.
Does anyone have some manual(s) that indicates what are the retentive and non-retentive flags. How to put inputs into a DB word, how to set timer Time through a word! How to rotate (L/R) through the inputs an test those who are Logic =1 or mirrow those inputs (eg.: from I0.0 -I1.7) to a word block!

Thanks!

Jacked!

The reason that i'm posting this question is cause i'm a bit hurry with this project. It was give me a short time to implement it so if i spend less time to get used to the Simatic Platform and SIE PLC instructions better!
Don't you agree!

Pago - if this is your first complete Step 7 project then I would budget to throw away your first attempt and then re-do the project based on your new knowledge and experience. If you don't plan to throw it away, you will anyway ! (unless of course the project is very trivial)