S5 -115u wont out of run and won't go back. HELP.

AndEdtec

Hi, I have a a problem with an s5 115u, It hasn't been run for a while and when we came to use it the plc is not in run. I believe there is a sequence to get the plc back into run.

I only have a german manual for the plc so I will look for an english one.

what are qvz zyk and basp on the plc.

Also the batt light is on.

Thanks

Andy

Click here for the S5 115U Manual

That manual is in English, the error LED's are in section 5.

You did state that the PLC hasn't been run for a while, has it been powered up? I would think that you have lost whatever program was in the PLC because, apart from all the LED's that are on, you also state that the BATT LED is lit, this means that the battery is U/S and requires changing. Do you have a back up of the program?

Paul

I have found out that to retsart the plc you have to place the plc in stop mode then hold down or and put it into run. However that Batt light is on and I think this is stooping me from going into run.

Do you have to apply ext voltage to change the bacttery?

I haven't got a backup of the program only on paper. And the machine is a brick cuber. The power has been left on while the machine wasn't run so the program should be ok??

Is the battery just a standard C size battery?

Hi,

I think you resetted your plc by pushing your stop buttom down. When your PLC is powered on you can change the Battery without any external power. Just pull it out and replace it. It isn't just a c battery it should be in the manual what kind of battery you should use.

You just had to put the PLC into stop and inro run again!!

Rudi