Structured Text Programming

Martin IRL

Hi,
I have been working with PLC systems for the past five years, up to now all of my programs have been written in ladder logic.
Now I have purchased some software that allows me to program using STRUCTURED TEXT. I have been reading the help files that came with the software but I was wondering if you guys had any information that would help me with my understanding of this type of programming. I am using Schneider PL7 Junior programming software.

Thanks,
Martin.

Again propreitary language

Structured Text ( ST ) is again propreitary to different PLC manufacturer's, like ladder Logic.. It is more close to the advanced programming languages by using the If , else , loop , conditional statements.. So for a new comer to PLC with some background of C and VB will surely finds it very useful.