control logix & compact flash

AJW

My new brain pain is storing data from any control or compact logix to the compact flash. So far I have this working in development state. The idea is to share parameters between machines where I DO NOT have access to any type of SCADA or other top end. This will also allow me to make updates to the program and save any parameters that my be different from my last upload.

Now has anyone ever messed with this?

And does anybody know where I can find additional info on CIP
messaging for the control and compact logix?

Thanks for any info

Andy

I have seen example codes (in the AB Knowledgebase I think), but it seemed to be far too complicated.

The packet size was also quite small for saving big recipes (as I remeber)

Probably others can help you on this

Old application was removed because of data corruption.

New application will be available soon for ver 15 only and will require new FW for L6x and compactlogix

Thanks for the info.

Tech support finally got back with the same answer. They are going to let me know when it is ready. What I did get to work has potential. But when it crashes it's a mess to clean up. I use this on G&L to save all of my parameters to it's internal RAM Disk. But have it on a CF will be very helpful.

I will get back to this, when I get the new app.

Andy

Keep your eye on the goal not the goalie.