Analog input scaling question - ML 1200

Cryogen

I have a 4-20mA level input that needs to be controlled (PID). But the level transmitter is configured such way that 4mA correspond to 100%(full) and 20mA correspond to 0%. Same thing with the output, the I/P for the filling valve is configured such that 20mA keeps it fully open(100% from PID). It is designed such a way for fail safe condition - If the transmitter or the I/P wire gets cut --> it closes the filling valve.

Now, how do I scale it for PID? I need to enter setpoint and show display PV. I am confused. If I use 'scaled for PID' then it relates to 4-20mA as 0-16383. But I want it the other way.. Please help!

Make your input min=0 max=16383 and make your Output min=16383 max=0 it should reverse your 4-20mA transmitter output....

Thanks for your help!
Now I cannot use the Scaled to PID on the input directly.. right? I need to reverse it and connect to the PID?

If the output of your SCP instruction is 0 -16383, that is scaled for P.I.D. Simply use the output address you assigned in the SCP (i.e. N7:0) as the PID PV input.

Thanks..

Just to confirm.. On the Analog I/O configuration for 1762IF2OF2 module, I choose raw/proportional input type. Then scale it to 16383-0 and use that for the PLC - Process variable.

Another option might be to make E=PV-SP instead of the default E=SP-PV. This should have the effect of making your loop output reverse acting.