Mitsubishi AL2-14MR-A anybody knows it?

Alfred

I just bought one of this Plc's, just for keeping informed whats new, still in the pack 8in/6out with rtc. Looks very sophisticated compared with my old NHP ML14 which do the same thing.
Anybody can/likes to talk about them, please reply.

Going to have fun and play with my toy now.

Regards
Alfred

Alfred said:
I just bought one of this Plc's, just for keeping informed whats new, still in the pack 8in/6out with rtc. Looks very sophisticated compared with my old NHP ML14 which do the same thing.
Anybody can/likes to talk about them, please reply.

Going to have fun and play with my toy now.

Regards
Alfred

It apears I cant edit my post so I have to use reply.
I had a play with the Mitsubishi and it uses a different programming language from ladder programming. I am unfamiliar with this and believe it is called block programming. Could anybody confirm this for me please.
One think is realy advantdeges with this kind of programming, the timers and clocks parameters can be changed very easely and for one off my planed projects it will be THE thing I was looking for. To program specific events for specific days. Like preventing plant/lights from operating on public holidays which occur during the mon-fri week and need programming every year since many such holidays float in there occurance.

Alf

It looks like the original post cant be edited but reply's can.

I was confused by the model number - but now you have explained more - its an alpha version 2. (I think they are the same thing that Klockner and telemechanique make)

I could never get on with them myself but I hear from some that they love them for small jobs.

The one I purchased came with a programming lead and free software. Its been shaking cement out of dust filters for 8 years now but as I say, I didnt like it and for the same I/O i would rather have used a small mitsi PLC.

Somewhere, I may still have the software but I dont know if 'free to me' means I could distribute it.

Hi Alfred

The mitsu's ALPHA series are great for small applications.
You can use then as for timers, for controlling small PID-loop app.
etc.

I have used them a lot for small pumpapplications they are great for that, because og the price and the funtionality.
You can also use the little screen for som value change and for turning on/off outputs.
Also you can connect to GSM-moden

But They are only good for SMALL applicantions and the programming is not the best...
Because of the blockprogramming and that the screen is filled with lines drawn.

Dariusch

Regarding editing a post... there is a time limit. I thought it was one-hour, but apparently it is less than one-hour.