My point exactly: Re Bashing

Lancer

Hi all,
I am a 2 week apprentice nuclear physicist at Palo Verde
power plant in Arizona, the plant capacity is 1.335 GW
and has been running since 1986. Most of all the trade skilled guy's have left to work in the coal field's because of the boom in coal exports lately, so I have been put in charge of making any system modifications to the Direct Logic 05 unit which maintains all the critical temperature limits for the reactor.

I have been asked by the floor cleaners to install an alarm siren in the control room to let them know when one of the operators lifts their feet off the floor, so as they can quietly and quickly clean the area.

I have purchased and install all the load cells and laser proximity's on each chair to identify activity and the position of the feet, and programed the latching logic for debouncing any false movement while the operators are asleep, but I have come across a problem with the programing. I have run out of NOP rungs to complete the sequence and I was wondering if I can replace the END statement with a delatch rung to turn the alarm off! (its a very loud alarm)

I am at my wits end, and I really need to complete this project within a couple of day's, or the everyone will realize I don't have a clue at what I am doing! and the floor cleaners may Laugh at me.

I would just like to recap on what I am asking of you very knowledge PLC guru's, please... please.. please.. help me.

1. I don't have not a clue on what I am doing
2. Can you please write the ladder instructions for me to do this.
3. Please do not explain the solution in a way that someone with absolutely no idea on the basic of PLC programing can understand.
4. This may be a troll, is any one really that stupid. (plcnovel)

Originally posted by Lancer:

...the plant capacity is 1.335 GW

You might want to recheck your power output. I think it is really 1.21 GW. And be careful. You can trigger time travel at those power levels!!!

Keith

Lancer, if you will send your design goals and a detailed scope of the project to the "Smoke and Mirrors" company I'm sure we can be of some assistance. (Oops--is that advertising?)

What you are desribing should be an easy project for some of our junior "traffic light" programmers and there should be no problem turning this project over to you, fully certified, by the end of the current year. We will however, need several of your operators' feet to test the system before we commission it at your site.

Please send a down-payment cashiers' check in the amount of $834,297 to the Smoke and Mirrors Accounts Receivable department since we have some guys wanting to be paid.

Thanks in Advance

Mark A. Crowley

Last edited:
What you are desribing should be an easy project for some of our junior "traffic light" programmers

It might be a little complicated for a traffic light programmer. You better assign this task to an elevator programmer

Rube said:
Lancer, if you will send your design goals and a detailed scope of the project to the "Smoke and Mirrors" company I'm sure we can be of some assistance. (Oops--is that advertising?)

What happen to our sales dept., they should of been all over this!!!!

CaseyK said:
Travelling EAST or travelling WEST?

??????

Casey,

You lost me there, Dr Emmett Brown makes no reference to direction of travel.

I checked your profile, just in case you were still a pup in 1985, but your date of birth is not listed.

Paul

The date is also wrong.

Dr. Emmett Brown's reactor was built in the year 2015 and sent back in time to October 1955, where it has been being used for mischief and mayhem since the year 1885.

Alaric said:
The date is also wrong.

Dr. Emmett Brown's reactor was built in the year 2015 and sent back in time to October 1955,

Sorry Alaric,

But you are wrong there, the "Mr Fusion" fitted to the Docs car was first taken back to October 1985, then it went back to the future to October 2015, then back to the alternate 1985 again October (21st I think), it then went to 1955, but November 12th 1955, the day of the famous Hill Valley storm, before ending up in 1885.

Paul

P.S I assumed that Alaric was talking about Mr Fusion, not the original reactor, which was built in 1985.

Last edited: