PDA

View Full Version : Micrologix 1500 to Cognex via NET-ENI

tspisak
March 10th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Does anyone have an example of a ML1500 connected to a Cognex 5100? I'm getting conflicting info from Rockwell saying it only can be done with a SLC5/05.

My application is to trigger the camera, get a angle number back along (along with a pass fail signal via breakout board) then rotate the part and trigger again until it passes.

TWControls
March 10th, 2006, 09:03 AM
It can be done, or atleast I know a guy on MrPLC has done it. Can't help you with how but thought you may want to know the limit on cameras is 4 with the NET-ENI without staggering messages. 2 Incoming, 2 Outgoing, and 2 Either way

TWControls
March 10th, 2006, 09:15 AM
THIS (http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=4689&hl=cognex) may help you out

Bob O
March 10th, 2006, 09:48 AM
I have done this with a ML1500, NET-ENI and DVT.

I know it’s not the Cognex but when I was going through this DVT would say “can’t you call Rockwell”

And Rockwell would say “can’t you call DVT”. Nice help from Encompass partners, huh.

Any ways, one of the keys to my solution was the version of the NET-ENI, version A would not work while version C would.

tspisak
March 10th, 2006, 09:52 AM
All of the examples where SLC not Micrologix. I've heard that you can use CIP485 but the communication is only one way that why I would like to see a real example for ML and Cognex.

TWControls
March 10th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Looks like you should use the PCCC example but post the question there, he will answer it