Using Time Registers in a momentum PLC

tim_crouse

Does anyone know how use the time of day address on a momentum PLC?

I enaled the time of day function for the 400001 - 400008 register block. I then used the Variable reference editor to set the following variable:

Set_Clock = 400001

But when I analyze the code it say I hav an overlapping address
at 400001

Warning Address Overlap; configured address %400001 and variable "Set_Clock" at %400001

Thanks in advacne
Tim C.

I'm not absolutely sure but I'll tell you what I think. The Momentum uses 400001 and 400002 as status words for itself. This may be dependent on the particular combination of option adapter and I/O base that you have I'm not sure on that. I suggest changing your clock registers to something out of the range of the status words and any actual analog outputs that you have ie. 400100. As a note: if you are using the analog outputs you may need to address them as 400003 for the first output on the I/O base 400004 for the second one etc... since 400001 and 400002 are already set aside. I had to stumble through that problem using the AMM 09000 mixed I/O base. Modicon doesn't see fit to mention many of these things in their documentation and I think that is why so many people dislike the Momentum line. I hope that this will help you out.

Steve