DNet Error Code 77

chshdnprd

Hi all,
Does anyone know what this code is? My setup is as follows: CLGX PLC, 1769 SDN scanner, 2 1794 ADN I/O adapters, a GSE 460 scale, and 2 AB Ultra 3000 drives. The problem started when we had a power outage that fried one of the Ultras. Another tech replaced the drive, but I think the DNet network got messed up in the process. I have done all I know to do, which isn't all that much. I have 2 other machines with the same setup, and I tried configuring the network identical, but I had a few problems. First, the I/O adapters don't show up in the available drives in the scanlist, so i cannot add them. I configured the input and output data sizes to that of the other 2 machines, 8 in, 11 out, that are running well. I have tried changing nodes. I even uninstalled and reinstalled Networx, to no avail, I still get error 77 on the nodes for the Ultras, and I cannot add the I/O adapters to the scanlist. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks

¨ I replaced an Ultra 3000 drive and get an E73 and/or E77 “Data size expected by the device does not match the scan list entry” error for that node on my Scanner display. Why?

Ø For E77 the scanner scanlist and the ultra must have correlating IO sizes in bytes, meaning if the drive is expecting 11 bytes/9 bytes to/from the scanner you must configure the scanner to do just that. Check your drive configuration for the correct Parameter 7, I/O receive Select and Parameter 8, Poll Transmit Select. These parameters can be setup via RSnetworx or Ultraware. If correct then use RSnetworx to check the scanner mapping for the correct number of bytes.

504bloke is right on; you need to set the Produced and Consumed assemblies in the Ultra 3000i so that their sizes match those of the scanlist entries in the scanner.

You mentioned a scanlist entry of "8 in / 11 out". I'll assume you mean the scanlist entry for the Ultra 3000i.

"Input" data for the 1769-SDN is "Produced" by the Ultra 3000i.
"Output" data from the 1769-SDN is "Consumed" by the Ultra 3000i.

In the Reference Manual for the Ultra 3000i motion controller's DeviceNet interface (2098-RM004A-EN-P is the publication number), the various available Assembly Objects are listed on page 2-13.

Assemblies 1-9 are Output data. The Assembly the Ultra 3000i will use is selected by Parmameter 7, "I/O Recv Select".

Only one of these Assemblies, #9, is 11 bytes long, which matches the Output connection size in the 1769-SDN.

Assemblies 10-18 are Input data. The Assembly the Ultra 3000i will use in the Polled I/O connection is selected by Parameter 8, "Poll Transmit Select".

Assemblies 11 and 14 are 8 bytes long, so one of them matches the Scanlist entry. Assembly 11 is the most commonly used, but check the other machines to be sure.

You might have to take the Ultra 3000i out of the scanlist to change these parameters, and will likely have to cycle power to the drive and/or the DeviceNet to get those parameters to take effect.

Now for the 1794-ADN's; these can be pretty tricky. The I/O size is highly configurable and they don't accept changes to the I/O configuration after they are part of a scanlist.

Hopefully the 1794-ADN's still include the configuration in their flash memory, so you can upload it from them (the Upload option when you double-click on them).

For the 1794-ADN's to show up in the "Available Devices" half of the Scanlist configuration window, it must have been browsed by the RSNetworx software and show up in the graphical display of the network, and it needs to not be part of the scanlist for another scanner.

If you can post your RSNetworx for DeviceNet file, somebody else on the Forum might be able to offer more assistance.