CP342-5 Link

NShah

Please help, I am working on S7 CPU 315 with CP342-5 module on one end and CP315-2DP. the cofiguration done on both ends is working properly but on both ends and Profibus link is established. But when I try to read I/O of CP342-5 from CPU315-2DP it reads 0 and in system diagnostics it says cannot read from configured input. Can any body guide me where I am wrong and how can I correct it.

Hello Shah;

Please provide screenshots of the configuration you are setting up: which is master, which is slave, input/output areas defined in both processors, which FCs you are using.... This will help us help you.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

CP342-5 link

Hello Chartier
Thank you for your response, I really appriciate. I am new to this forum, please guide how can I send image files. I am using FCs DP_SEND and DP_RECV on CPU315 with CP342-5 (slave) and on CPU315-2DP try to directly access PIWs and PQWs.

regards

Last edited:
Hello Shaw;

Use the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard to capture an image of your computer screes to the clipboard; use Paint to paste the clipboard image, then select an area of what you want to show (image size is limited to 550 to 750 pixels I believe); cut and paste this cropped image to a new Paint file, save it as a jpeg file.
Use the Display Pictures button at the bottom of the "reply to thread" page to insert the image. Here is an example:
Save_Pic.JPG

Takes a little while to get used to the function, but it works. Send your images soon so we can help you out.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier