S5-95u Program

Chandrashekar,

it depends on the software you use. Please provide more information about what program you're using, including the version. Especially in the case of the Siemens Step 5 software the version is important.

Kind regards,

S5 Plc Program Block

Hello Mr.Jvdcande Thanks for your reply
I am using Simatic S5 V 7.23(Latest one)software.I have one floppy it having our Machine S5-95U plc backup program. i want to view that program blocks (ladder diagram) at screen

Thanks
Chandrashekar k.

Chandrashekar,

I'm not at the office right now and I don't have that version (or a similar one) at home. I'm not used to using this version of the program (I mostly use the good old V3.0), and if I use it, I do it in German, but I figure you're using the English language. I'll check the right procedure in English tomorrow in the office. I hope this will do for you.

For now I can only guess it's the second menu item from the left once you're in the program and then scroll down to 'Edit'.

Kind regards,

jvdcande said:
For now I can only guess it's the second menu item from the left once you're in the program and then scroll down to 'Edit'.

Good guess Jean Pierre.

The second menu from the left is the 'Editor' menu, then the first selection is 'step 5 block'.

To start from the beginning, I would copy all the project files from the floppy and stick them into the 'S5_daten' folder in C:/Step5/, I believe this is the default directory for project storage (all ours are set up that way anyway).

Start the Step5 sofware, then select 'Project' -> 'Load', if the correct project is listed (E.G *****PX.INI) then just press the enter key, if not press the F3 key to select a project or navigate your way to the S5_daten folder and select the correct project.

With the project loaded you can now view the blocks, by selecting 'Editor' -> 'Step 5 block', then press F3 to bring up a list of the blocks available, select the block you want, press enter and away you go.

Click here for the Step5 V7.2 manual

Download the manual above for more information.

Paul

If I recall , the 96U could also be programmed with "ladder90" software - If I recall , this software also had an S5 import facility . Now whilst Ladder90 is horrible , it is still loads more straightforward than S5 , and if your application is simple , it may be an option

I see Paul has already completed the answer. I promised to come back after the weekend, but I have to add nothing to Paul's answer.

Kind regards,