PanelView printout

chavak

Hi Everybody,

Just completed a project which also involves print the machine alarms and alarm list from the panelview RS232 port. Came to know from the local representative Panelview only prints out to a 25 pin port of a printer, not the normal printer port. I believe it is quite difficult to search for a printer with both ports, I have to hunt our company to loan it from a colleague. It was a HP deskjet 500C.

I'm using a PanelView 1000 DH+ with a RS232 port for download/print purposes. Does any body did the printing onto a normal printer port, if yes, please let me know.

Thankyou

Serial printers are becoming more scarce, but you can still get them.

If you have your heart set on using a parallel printer, you can get a serial to parallel converter. You might be able to find one at a well-stocked computer store.

Or, simply buy one from BlackBox... Go HERE and click "Printer Devices" then "Converters" from the "Products" list.

beerchug

-Eric

If you have an old computer laying around you should be able to set it up to read in data on the serial port (i.e. from the Panelview) and echo it out the printer port (i.e. out to a standard/parallel printer interface).

I found a program on the web at this link: http://www.magsys.co.uk/comcap/ but I haven't used the program so I can't say how good/bad it is. I'm sure others exist.

Hope this helps