TI555 HMI's

bentleya

I'm wondering if any of you know of or have some suggestions on HMI's to interface on a TI555 system? I've got this one system with 16 RBDs (remote base drops) and a couple thousand I/O, all were originally installed using CVU100s. There's a blast from the past! :)
I've used Siemens OP270s and a few others, I'm just wondering what else is out there that would interface with this system (RS232 comm's.)
I've checked out Auto. Direct's offerings, but they don't show the comm.'s for this system.
I have heard that the PanelView Plus series by AB have the drivers for this system now, but I've used a Panelview Plus 1000 and I know how the pricing is.... :(

Of course, all you "'tech's" out there feel free to respond...and I guess even if your one of those engineers, go ahead and respond too....I'm an EOE :)

I've never tried it, but EZ automation claims to have a TI-5x5 driver, for there line of HMI's. I've never used an EZ Touch panel, so can't comment about them, but the pricing looks reasonable.
I've been thinking of giving them a try, so if you do try them, post back and let me know how it went.
http://www.ezautomation.net/products/eztouch.php

Another alternative might be to use an OPC PC with OPC client HMI's, if so, Matrikon has a free OPC server for the 505 line.
http://www.matrikonopc.com/products/opc-drivers/details.asp?driver=1082

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Ken

I've already installed a CTI ethernet card in the CPU base. I'm using it for remote programming and data logging. But, physical location may be a slight henderance going with ethernet for the HMI.
As far as EZ touch, they look OK, but... where these are installed, a touch screen isn't the best choice...dirty! I generally have better luck using tactile keyboards built-in the HMI's. I'm going to look into these further this week though.

Thanks again